Monday, November 16, 2009

Thai Chicken and Pumpkin Curry

Writing another one before I've actually eaten it - looks pretty good though.
This one comes from http://www.taste.com.au/

  1. A little veggie oil

  2. 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste (good to have in stock)

  3. 6 green onions, thinly sliced (can anyone tell me what a green onion is? I've used spring onions)

  4. 750g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces (I've used about half this amount, there's only 2.5people eating in my house)

  5. 420g Heinz condensed Cream of Pumpkin soup (which I actually found in a shop in Mauritius, who would have thought!?!)

  6. 165ml can light coconut milk (readily available in Mauritius)

  7. 1 lime, juiced (K, i'm not actually a good cook, I've substituted a few squeezes of lemon juice.)

  8. 500g desiree potatoes, cut into pieces (what's a desiree potatoe? Also I just washed mine, didn't peel them like I was supposed to.)

  9. 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, to serve

  10. 1 cup fresh mint leaves, to serve

  11. Steamed Jasmine rice, to serve

  12. I added some chopped pumkin to the curry, and I'm about to add some frozen peas, that way we actually get a bunch of veggies with our supper.
Heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add curry paste.
Cook, stirring for a minute.
Add onion and chicken.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, to brown the chicken.
Stir in the soup, coconut milk, lime juice, potatoes, and pumkin.
Bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer for 25 minutes, or until 'taters are tender.
Serve over rice, sprinkle coriander and mint over.
Ingest.

I'll let you know how it turns out. Maybe I'll even add a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment